Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Wednesday 1/14

So far so good. Lm had a good night last night, but woke up coughing a lot this morning. He tells us 'there are yuckies in my neck, they hurt', again leads me to believe his reflux is NOT under control right now. He goes in to see the GI in a week, so hopefully he can help. We have never raised the head of his bed before (as his reflux has always been under control before) so that is something that we need to do ASAP.
So up around 7:30 and around 8 I gave him a granola bar and 4 ounces of milk- which he DID eat, WILLINGLY. I know that's not much, but between the 2 it's a good 250 calories, and HUGE that he's WILLING (and not fighting it) to eat this early in the morning.
We had a big streach between breakfast and lunch and I think it paid off. Around 12:20 we had lunch. We had Chili leftovers and lm does not like chili. I told him even before we got home that he will be expected to eat ONE bite (definatly emphasizing the ONE) and that he could then have his spaghetti o's. I probably reminded him 4 times within 30 minutes of getting home for lunch. We sat down for lunch and he ate ONE bite of MEAT from the chili (I think this is a FIRST for this texture/kind of meat- ground beef) AND he ate ONE BEAN!! He used to love beans so this isn't as big, but all in all, still HUGE that he DID IT w/o complaining!
He then had about 1/4 c spaghetti o's w/ gold fish in them, and 4 oz of whole milk :) Definatly a good lunch and the best he has eaten in quite a while. Still far from his 'normal', but good.

No comments:

Post a Comment